Monday, February 16, 2015

You Can You Will By Joel Osteen: Alex's Book Summary

You Can You Will
Joel Osteen
By: Alex Aldape
Joel Osteen's book You Can You Will is a type of a "motivational book" by making yourself a better person. Joel Osteen is a pastor in Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas by doing his speeches in front of thousands of people. The beginning of the book is talking about a actor in the 1980s-present that was homeless at one point of his life for awhile. He lived in his old and broken down car that he owns that's overlooking Los Angeles on a hill where he dreams about himself being the biggest actor in the world. His name today is Jim Carrey, he took himself a check out for $10,000,000 and put it into his wallet so he can have his dream in his pocket so he doesn't give up on it. What this book is explaining in the first few chapters is that you can have a picture of your dream printed out for you to see and you can put that picture anywhere, so when you wakeup you can see that dream everyday and not lose focus or confident on it.
      My thoughts on the book is that it can help anyone out in there future and keep your dream on your mind. I really like this book more than any other book because this one talks about your future and goals that you want to accomplish. I want to accomplish my goals myself and this book motivates me to not forget about my dream and my goals. I had this book recommended to me by my sister because she had read the first book by Joel Osteen, I would also recommend this book to anyone else because if you have goals you want to achieve then this is the book to make you concentrate on it. This book was a nonfiction book so if anyone enjoys a this type of genre than this is a thumbs up for you and you will enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment